Student visas

Student visas

Student visas

Many international students completing studies in Australia will wish to extend their stay here. There are a number of student visa options which can facilitate this:

Temporary Graduate Visa

If you are about to finish or have recently finished your Australian studies you may be eligible for a visa that lets you live, study and work in Australia temporarily for periods up to 4 years

Employer Sponsorship

If you have a job offer with an Australian company, it may be possible for them to sponsor you for either temporary or permanent residence.

Partner Migration

If you have an Australian spouse, partner or fiance, it is possible for them to sponsor you for permanent residence. Your partner would need to be an Australian permanent resident, citizen or eligible New Zealand citizen.

General Skilled Migration

Students completing 2 years of study in Australia may be eligible to apply for permanent residence through the general skilled program, otherwise known as the “points based visas”. There are a variety of alternatives available and eligibility is determined by a range of factors including qualifications, English ability, and age. It is also possible to be sponsored by an Australian relative living in a designated are. Additional Points are available for Australian studies completed in a regional area.

Contact MCA Legal for a no-obligation initial assessment of which alternative is your immigration solution.

Book a consultation with one of our specialized staff!