29 Jun Illegal Workers and Employer Offences
Illegal Workers and Employer Offences
As a business operating lawfully in Australia, are you aware that:
- If foreign nationals wish to work in Australia, they must also obtain a visa that gives them the authority to work?
- An illegal worker is a non-Australian citizen who is working in Australia without a visa (i.e. without immigration authority), or who is in Australia lawfully but working in breach of his/her visa conditions, for example by working more hours than their visa allows?
- It is an Australian criminal offence for a person to permit either:
- an unlawful non-citizen to work; or
- a lawful person to work in breach of their visa conditions?
Sanctions may apply to your business and its officers if it is found guilty of employing foreign workers illegally & unlawfully?
Contact MCA Legal for a no-obligation initial assessment of how MCA Legal can assist your business ensure that it employs foreign nationals lawfully and avoids committing an inadvertent criminal offence.